1. What is the life of ODC3 moringa Seeds?
Two years, Moringa seeds have no dormancy period, so they can be planted as soon as they are mature and they will retain the ability to germinate for up to two years. Older seeds may have spotty germination and less performance.
2.Which one is better seeds PKM1, PKM2 OR ODC and what is the difference ?
PKM1 and PKM2 both the varieties are launched by PeriyaKulaM Agricultural University, Tamilnadu. PKM1 is a very good and popular Annual variety of Drumstick. PKM2 variety is not success like PKM1 variety for pods, reasons are pods are not tasty and not handy. market does not accept this variety because of its huge size. This variety can be used for cultivating by-products like leaf, seed. These PKM 1 and PKM2 are certified /registered variety of moringa. These variety give yield till three years after that the yield will reduce gradually reduce so re plantation may required every three years once...
ODC is a famous drumstick variety being grown widely across India and recently gaining much appreciation and awareness among the drumstick farmers for its yield taste and consumer preference. ODC, this variety is not a certificated variety not registered by any Agri university, some farmers themselves developed this variety. This is not an annual variety, this can be kept till 10 years..
We have tried both the varieties at our farm. It has been absorbed that the ODC variety is better than PKM 1. Yield is higher than PKM 1 and the market acceptance is also good. ODC pods are green in color and having long shelf life which gives good price in the export market. ODC pods can be easily marketable in metro cities like chennai, Banagelore and Mumbai. We get extra 2 to 5 rs than pkm1 in the Bangalore market. We started in just 3 acres now reached 30 acres of ODC.
Now we have ODC3 variety, it is a Selective variety of ODC variety. We visited number of ODC drumstick farms located in different states of India, from these farms we brought 45 samples and planted on our own farm in 2012. We observed different characteristic of plants i.e. flowering season, fertilizer application, water requirement, fruit set, taste, size, weight and yield. Through this search we had selected few plants of having special characteristics, which are demands in India & abroad market.
3.In one kg how many pieces seeds come.?
3200 to 3500
4. Please advise us we can purchase drum stick seeds from you and cultivate in Maharashtra soil if any problem?
Generally drumstick is a sun loving plant and which does not perform well in cool temperature region.. So whenever the temperature goes above 20o C that time only gives fruits..Drumstick can be cultivated in all kind of soils. This variety is very much successful in your state many farmers from Nashihk and Nagpur already started and getting good yield in un session...
5. What is the maturerity period of the plants?
Flower will be produced in about 100 to to 120 days after sowing , fruits/ pods will be ready for harvest in 6 months and harvest will continue for 4 months . Flowering will be happening two times in a year...
6. In one acre of land how much plants required for planting.
Ideal Spacing is (5 feet*7 feet)
7. What is the plastic bag size for planting the seeds?
Height - 6 Inches x Breadth 4 Inches ( the breadth of 2 sides 2 x 2 ) as its a cylindrical stuff having a couple of holes in the bottom to rainout the excess water
8. Do we need to put any fertilizer in soil while planting the seeds?
Yes. You have to give basal dose.. Add 10 kg of Farm yard manure and 50 grms of neem cake and handful of below enriched mixture in to the bit ...
Procedure for making enriched mixture:
Take 50 kg of well decomposed Farm Yard Manure and mix the following bio fertilizers /bio insetcide / bio fungicide one kg each..
3.Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza (VAM)
4. Pseudomonas Florescence
5. Trichoderma viride
6. Potash Mobilizer
7. Zinc Mobilizer
Add water till the mixture comes 60 percent moisture rate.... Keep the mixture in a gunny bag for 5 days .. bag should be under 50 percent sunlight area or shade of any tree... every day morning spring water on the gunny bag to maintain the moisture of the mixture...
This quantity mixture is for one acre ...
9. Any other precaution required while planting the seeds?
Yes. Seed treatment is required …
Let me give the entire process
The below is the procedure for direct sowing method:
1. Drumstick seeds may have wings and are about the size of a large pea which should not be removed.
2. Soak the seeds for 12 to 16 hours in water mixed with cow dung.
3. Remove the seeds from the solution remove excess water.
4.Suspend 20 gm of Azospirillum and 20 gm of pseudomonas in 500 ml of water and mix thoroughly.
5. Mix this pates or liquid with 1 kg of seeds which soaked in water with hands till all the seeds are uniformly coated.
6. Dry the coated seeds in shade and sow immediately.
5. Germination times range from 3-14 days.
The below is the Procedure for nursery making method..
Drumstick seeds may have wings and are about the size of a large pea which should not be removed. Drumstick Seeds don’t need sunlight in order to germinate, so the setup should be kept in a semi sun light area or under a 50 percent poly house.
Here are some suggestions on germination.
1. Nursery bags of 6 inches height should be filled with sand, Farm Yard Manure, garden soil and red soil or Vermi compost. You have to make sure that the bag has one or two holes in the bottom to release excess water.
2. Soak the seeds for 15 to 18 hours in water mixed with cow dung o5r punchakaviya. Remove the seeds from the solution.
3. The seeds should be sowed at 1 inch depth and it should be watered daily using rose can.
4. Germination times range from 3-14 days. Do not add extra water to the bag. After germination, irrigation can be done once in 3 days.
5. Check them every two days. Once the seeds have broken loose from the winged shell, you will notice two shoots protruding from the seed.
You can give them a little water every day, until they sprout - then, every other day, water until the soil on top is moist. Too much water - they will drown!
6. Do not let the shoots get too long and thin as they may get fragile and break when handled. One of the shoots will have some ruffled growth at the extremity; this is the shoot that contains the first leaves (cotyledons) and should be the shoot exposed to the sun.
7. We recommend that you let the plants in the bag at least 4 to 5 weeks before transplanting to the main land. When transplanting try not to disturb the root system at all. Like many plants the roots are very vulnerable until they are established in the ground.
8. Before transplanting to the main land, use a long thin blade to loosen the soil from the inside edges of the pot. Turn the band upside down to allow the entire plant and soil to slide out of the container. This prevents disturbing the roots. Have a hole already dug and gently place in the hole.
9. The main field should be prepared by farming 12 * 6 feet furrows. In this 1 ½ * 1 ½ * 1 ½ feet pits should be formed.
Note: pls do not use cocopit as a medium which reduce the germination rate...
There are no products to list in this category.