Rama Tulsi is also known as ‘Lakshmi Tulsi’, ‘Kapoor Tulsi’, ‘Green Tulsi’, ‘Sri Thulasi’, ‘Swarna Tulsi’, ‘Ocimum sanctum’. These Green Leaf Tulsi is known for its cooling, mellower taste. All the parts of the plant emit a strong aroma. It has a characteristic fragrance. Crushing its leaves between the palms releases a stronger fragrance than other varieties. These green leaf Tulsi is famous for worshipped or Pooja. Even the smell of Tulasi has a positive and soothing effect on the mind. Most plants take in oxygen during the night, but Tulasi gives out oxygen during both day and night, so you can keep these leaves inside at night, especially when you are doing your japa, chanting and other sadhana.
Although it is grown in many regions in India, it is relatively easier to find than the purple varietals. It is less hot in taste. It is light green in color. And it is grown somehow easily not like Krishna Tulsi. The leaves are less bitter as compared to other types. These parts of Tulsi generally used are leaves, flowers, seeds, stems and dried roots.
1. These Tulsi may cure fever, cold, cough and sore throat
2. These Tulsi may beat stress
3. These Tulsi may desolve kidney stone
4. These Tulsi may protect the heart as it has medicinal properties
5. These Tulsi may beat cancer
6. These Tulsi may help in quitting smoking
7. These Tulsi may beat stress
8. These Tulsi may reduce blood sugar level
9. These Tulsi may keep skin and hair healthy
1. These Tulsi seeds germinate after a while, so be patient once you sow them!
2. The seeds are mainly sown in the spring season.
3. They are watered from time to time and germinated in one to two weeks.
4. These Tulsi prefers rich soil for its growth.
5. It requires full sunlight.
6. It is mainly grown in the temperate climate.