It is a Selective variety of ODC. We visited number of ODC drumstick farms located in different states of India, from these farms we brought 45 samples and planted in our own farm in 2012. It is a pureline selection developed by continuous selfing for six generations. . It was released in the year 2017. In each generation, we observed different characteristic of plants i.e. flowering season, fertilizer application, water requirement, fruit set, taste, size, weight and yield but only desirable characters are selected and advanced.
1. The fruits are fleshy and tasty.
2. It comes to flowering within 3-4 months of sowing and comes to harvest in 6 months.
3. The plants grow to a height of 8 – 10 feet in a year and produce 6-10 primary branches.
4. The flowers are in clusters of 50 – 200 / cluster, only one pod develops usually and rarely 3-5 develop per cluster.
5. The pods are 2 feet to 2.5 feet long with a girth of 2.5 inch and weigh 70 to 80 grams with 80 % flesh.
6. The average yield of the variety is 300 fruits / tree.
7. The estimated yield is around 25 -30 tons per acre per year.
1. Flowers two times in a year (4+4 months yield in a year )
2. Good color and medium size so market demand will be high
3. Any time cultivation accordingly market observation
4. Good self-life than PKM series so market /export demand is high.
5. High-density plantation possible (5×7 Foot, 1244 tree in 1 Acre)
6. The pods attain edible maturity 65 days after flowering.
7. Ratoon crops can be maintained for 10- 15 years.
8. After every year the trees have to be cut back to 3 feet from ground level.
9. Requires less water and fertilizer