- Multani mitti or fuller’s earth is used as a natural cleanser and astringent, offering a host of benefits for the skin, including:
According to Rinky Kapoor, cosmetic dermatologist and surgeon at The Esthetic Clinic, Multani mitti contains mattifying properties that balance skin oils and remove impurities.
It’s especially beneficial for oily skin, as it helps open up clogged pores and absorbs excess sebum from the skin.
According to one study, Multani mitti removes dirt and absorbs excess oil.
According toVaishali Sawant, assistant medical director of Vedicure Healthcare and Wellness, Multani mitti is effective at treating acne. It does this by:
- removing sweat, impurities, and dead skin cells
- eliminating blackheads and whiteheads
- controlling excessive oil production
- shrinking the appearance of pores
- cooling the skin
- soothing irritation caused by inflammation
“The magnesium chloride in fuller’s earth is a magic anti-acne worker,” says Kapoor.
Skin tone and brightening
According to research, Multani mitti increases the cleanliness of the skin by removing dead skin cells from the surface, which results in:
- increased retention of nutrients and moisture
- improved circulation
- a tightening effect
- an exfoliating effect
These benefits provide a rejuvenated, glowing look.
Multani mitti helps fight dark circles and sun damage due to its cooling effect on the skin.
“It gives you an even skin tone, tackles tanning and pigmentation, and is effective against sunburn, skin rashes, and infections,” adds Sawant.
Skin whitening or lightening
Given that Multani mitti is effective against removing excess oil, impurities, and dead cells, it gives the skin a natural glow.
“The ions in Multani mitti lighten the skin and heal the damage done by sun exposure,” says Kapoor.
Multani Mitti Powder Pack of 1 Kg
Availability: In stock