Super Nepier is a Hybrid Napier Grass obtained by crossing Elephant Grass and Pearl Millet.
1. Pakchong 1 Super Napier is the only variety in Asia giving highest crude protein (14-18%)
2. Pakchong1 Super Napier can give yield of 200 Tons per acre per year which makes it as “King of Napiers” in Asia.
3. 180 Tons per acre per year means a dairy farmer can easily rear 15 cows in one acre of land.
4. Farmers can save huge money because of high protein content (14-18%).
5. Highly suitable for silage because Pakchong 2 Super Napier has WSC 18 (water soluble carbohydrate), so no need to add any additives while making silage.
The first cut is taken from 75 to 90 days after planting and subsequent cuts are taken after intervals of 30 to 45 days.
Green Fodder Yeild:
7 to 8 cuttings per year and 50 to 60 tons per cutting depending upon the soil.